What a year it has been!
2015 started with a glass of champagne on my mums sofa in my onesie… and I’m pretty sure 2016 will start in the same way but in my own home this year due to a poorly dog!
- Kicked off with a round of golf Jan 2nd at The Oaks Golf Club in Mollington, Cheshire.
- My nan was very poorly in hospital but came out later in the month
- Had lots of snow and took my nephews sledging up by mine in North Wales
- Travel: London, Dublin, Chicago
- Spent a week working in Chicago, stayed at the Westin this year near the airport as opposed to being in downtown Chicago.
- Lots of mall shopping, Cheesecake Factory visits, lots of snow, hotel gym workouts, Super Bowl, line dancing, meeting Chris Gardner who wrote ‘the pursuit of happiness’ and was played by Will Smith on the big screen.
- Started my PT sessions up again
- Ski trip in Borovets, Bulgaria with my friend Jilly.
- Travel: Chicago, Dublin, Netherlands, Bulgaria
- Took my mum to see Lionel Richie in Liverpool, gave my dad a ticket too to keep her company! (For 2016 I got her tickets to meet him!)
- Did a ‘Woofs & Wellies’ walk with the local hospice.
- It was the month of the eclipse!
- Attended a fantastic weightlifting workshop focusing on ‘snatch’ and ‘clean and jerk’. PB in both too 😊
- Decreased the time in my 2k row to 8:31
- Travel: Liverpool!
- Easter, got Liverpool kits for my adorable nephews instead of chocolate!
- Awesome bike ride adventure with my oldest nephew
- Joe and I cycled to Liverpool
- Day trip to Manchester golf show
- Travel: London, Scotland
- Got myself a new deadlift PB of 145kg and was super pleased at lifting over 2x my body weight!
- Started golf lessons to brush up on my game play
- Got my first birdie on the golf course at Sandfield Golf Course
- Attended Bodypower Expo in Birmingham with VIP pass – Dana Linn Bailey 💪🏼😍
- Drinks for my friend Hannah’s 30th
- Rockclimbing with my nephews
- Travel: Birmingham
- Oldest nephews 6th birthday and we rocked up in fat suits to surprise everyone!
- Awesome seminar at CW1 Crossfit in Crewe, Cheshire with Steve Fawcett and Buff Box Meals
- Overnight stay and rounds of Golf at Cally Palace Hotel in Scotland
- Shared a cinema screen with 7 random adults and not a child in site watching ‘Minions!’
- Travel: London, Cambridge, Scotland
- Got myself some Adidas Drehkrafts for Olympic lifting!
- Had my long waist length hair chopped to chin length 😱
- England ladies win bronze in Fifa women’s World Cup!
- Built dens in the forest with my nephews
- Crossfit Warrington night out after the summer throwdown – lots of fun!
- Did my first session with Runcorn Plodders!!
- First 5k colour splash for Trinity Hospice in Blackpool on the beach, with my brother and my nephew Josh!
- Travel: London, Blackpool
- More golf fun at Mollington Golf Club!
- Google cardboard changed my life!
- Got my first pair of running shoes from Run Geek – Hoka One One
- Went to the filming of Ninja Warrior UK and met the gorgeous Chris Kamara
- Experienced camping for the first time
- Climbed Snowden with Joe and Millie (my Labrador)
- Travel: Manchester, Snowden
- Running starting to pick up as I do more running on my own and start this blog
- Got to see my brother Jamie use the Christmas gift I got him and fly a helicopter in Manchester!
- Got my plodders running vest and loved my first hill session
- Tried chicken drumsticks for the first time eek!
- Ran my longest distance at 5.90 miles 64mins
- Had a hedgehog come visit in the back garden – so cute!
- Plodders graduation
- Legoland fun in Manchester
- Travel: London, Cambridge, Manchester
- My first 10k race. Completed in 59:34 PB finishing 174/450!
- Some winter sun with a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Riu Toureg, Boa Vista, Cape Verde – lots of running in the sun too!
- Travel: Boa Vista in Cape Verde
- First time marshalling – Norton Priory 5
- Went to ‘An Evening For The Angels’ raising money for Miscarriage Association
- Had a plod with some lovely ladies
- Left my job after 6 years there. Opening new doors for a new adventure.
- First breeze bike ride
- Joe did his leg in, we thought it was a simple break but turned out to be worse – 2 damaged ligaments in his ankle 😞
- I celebrated getting a year older with a lovely meal at Casa Italia in Liverpool (one on my fave Italians!) and mainly drinking tea from my new tardis to match my tardis teapot (simple things!!)
- Travel: none!
- A month of Christmas preparations! Made chocolates with my nephew
- More hills with the plodders
- Focused a lot on snatch technique this month with Ged and Beth
- My youngest brother turned 30… making me feel very old!
- My other brother and I set up weekly long runs
- Completed the Reindeer Rush for Miscarriage Association
- Completed the Livewire 1mile Santa dash, in a fat suit, with my 2 year old nephew
- Completed the Nantwich 5k Santa dash, in a fat suit, with my 6 year old nephew
- Millie had surgery on her ear 😢
- Completed my first virtual run with my brother and 6 year old nephew
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens premier – amazing!!
- Christmas night out with the plodders
- 5k PB of 28:58
- I ended December with a 5k run last night taking my total miles for this month to 35 (PB: most miles in a month to date for me!)
All in all I loved this year and I’m looking forward to next year. Running has changed a lot for me in the last few months. I’ve met some brilliant people and found a new passion in my life. As scary as the prospect of my first 1/2 marathon is, I’m excited for the challenge.
I have so many other things to look forward to in 2016 too… camping trips (after my first was a success this year!), hearing all about my mum meeting her idol Lionel Richie, really hope she enjoys it! My brother bungee jumping with his ‘jump into your 30’s’ gift off Joe and I! New adventure in a new job, more Crossfit and weightlifting, hopefully more running events and maybe even signing up to a marathon before the year is over!! Lots of other stuff going on in my personal life too!!
So, here’s to a fantastic 2016 as we wave goodbye to 2015 – have a great night whatever you’re up to… I plan to be on my sofa in a comfy onesie with my dog, my man and a glass of prosecco!